- Spelling Pretest Lesson 3
- Spelling Blocks homework is due every Thursday.
- Civil War/Reconstruction Test- Students will use the notes under the social studies tab in their binders to study for this test.
- Chick-fil-a sold at lunch $4.50
- Spelling Test 3
- Bible/Memory Verse Quiz (For this Bible Quiz, students have the option to take it on Friday or Monday the 27th.)
- Math Test- Order of Operations
- 8/27- Spelling L4 Pretest, Start Science (Current Event Assigned)
- 8/31- Spelling L4 Test, Bible/MV Quiz
Classwork/Homework: Any time a student makes below an 80% on classwork or homework, he or she may come in for a tutorial session to make corrections and receive some credit points added to the original grade for a maximum of an 80%.
Make-up/Late Work Policy: The student is responsible for acquiring the missed work from the teacher. A student will have the number of days absent plus one to make up the missing work for an excused absence. Assignments made prior to the student’s absence are due upon the student’s return.
When students do not turn in homework or classwork unrelated to an absence on the due date, teachers will penalize the assignment, after grading for accuracy, and additional 10 points for the first day late, 10 more points the second day late, 10 more points the third day late, and on the fourth day the students will receive a zero.
Missing Work: An “M” will be entered in RenWeb to indicate an assignment is missing. After the fourth day, if the assignment is not turned in, the “M” will be changed to a zero. As a parent, please talk with your child about the assignment and have him or her speak with the teacher about it. It is our goal to help students develop responsibility with their own work by taking ownership over their own learning. Encouraging your child to speak with us first will help develop this self-advocacy.
~5th Grade Teachers