Hello Fifth Grade Parents!
We are off to a great start this morning! We wanted to give you a few quick reminders:
- Dismissal for 5th grade is at 3:10pm. If your fifth grader has an older sibling, he or she will meet you at the academy/high school carline on the left side of the building. If your fifth grader is a single rider or is picking up younger siblings, please meet them at the 5th grade carline in the front of the elementary school. If you arrive prior to 3:10pm, the elementary carline will still be going on and you must wait in the far-right lane on the parkway.
- School begins promptly at 8am each morning. Fifth grade classroom doors open at 7:45am. If you need to drop your child off earlier than 7:45am, he or she must wait in the cafeteria.
- Teachers communicate often with parents, and one way that we can give quick updates about changes in the schedule or reminders about dress-up/jeans days is through our Remind App. We highly encourage you to join by texting @k28382 to 81010 or click on the link below: https://www.remind.com/join/k28382
- Finally, each Friday we will send out a weekly reminder email to keep you up to speed with the happenings in fifth grade. Please see below for these reminders:
- Spelling Pretest L1 (Spelling words can always be found in the students’ spelling workbook or on the 5th grade blog: https://srcs5.wordpress.com/)
- Summer Workbooks (optional) Due to homeroom teachers.
- Start Social Studies- Unit 1: Map Skills, Civil War, Reconstruction
- Summer Book Breakfast with Principals (This breakfast is only for students who completed a summer workbook.)
- Spelling L1 Test
- Summer Book CARDS (optional) Due to Mrs. Konas.
We look forward to a wonderful year!
~Fifth Grade Teachers