We have had a great first week of school! Thank you for sharing your children and partnering with us to make this a great year!
Weekly Reminders: Please read
Each Friday, a reminder email will be sent out with the upcoming events for the next week. This is to help you stay current with what is happening in the classroom. The reminder email will also be copied over to our 5th grade blog: https://srcs5.wordpress.com/
- Spelling Pretest Lesson 1- Spelling words can be found on the 5th grade blog and in the Spelling workbook. Students who miss one or no words do not have to complete the spelling blocks for homework or take a final test on Friday. Students who miss two or more words on the pretest will complete their spelling homework only on the words they missed (including the vocabulary words) and take the final test on Friday.
- Curriculum Night 6:30-8pm – Fifth grade will participate in the Academy/High School Curriculum Night. This event is for parents only, therefore no child care will be provided. Please come to the Puppet Theater located next to the fifth grade classrooms at 6:30pm. If you are unable to attend, do not worry. All information will be emailed home to you.
- Summer Book Breakfast- This breakfast is for anyone who completed a Summer Workbook this summer (not book cards for Reading class).
- Spelling Blocks homework is due every Thursday.
Chick-fil-a sandwich sold at lunch- $4.00
- Spelling Test (only for those who missed two or more on the pretest from Monday and completed the Spelling Blocks homework).
Bible/Memory Verse- Students will have a Bible quiz every Friday. They will be instructed to take home and review their workbook lessons every night. In addition, they will also have an oral quiz on the weekly memory verse. These are two separate grades.
Free Jeans Day!
- 8/13- Spelling L2 Pretest
8/14- Map Skills Quiz
8/16- Math Quiz, Truett’s Spirit Night
8/17- Spelling L2 Test, Bible/MV Quiz
- Carline– Thank you for being patient as we work through kinks and the rain during carline. We appreciate all of you and your graciousness!
Uniforms– Boys must wear a belt this year and tuck their shirts in. Please encourage that this happens before entering into the building. Tennis shoes may not be worn in 5th grade. However, students may change into them for recess or P.E. Please see the Family Handbook for uniform rules.
Drop Off– We want the students to learn responsibility and self-advocacy and one of the ways we begin doing this in 5th grade is to allow students to walk to our homerooms in the morning on their own. Please drop off in the morning carline and encourage this independence in your child.
~5th Grade Teachers